Color: Removable Safety Cap
- Slice safety blade’s unique cutting edge might seem dull, but it cuts right through your material while keeping you safe! Slice blades are finger-friendly and safe to the touch. Installed rounded tip guards against accidental punctures.
- Other blades are dangerously sharp. Slice blades start at a safe and effective sharpness and stay there 11 times longer.
- Discover safe, effective, and precise cutting with this ambidextrous craft knife. Cross-hatched brass grip gives you superior control; lightly weighted tool is balanced for stability. No-roll handle keeps your craft knife handy and off the floor.
- Ideal for cutting intricate shapes in materials such as: paper, card stock, vinyl, corrugated plastic, felt, quilting applique, thermal shrink covering, masking and washi tape, anything a regular craft knife can handle.
- Ships with one 10518 straight-edge, rounded-tip craft blade. Alternate blade options include: 10519 straight edge, pointed tip; 10520 curved edge, rounded tip; 10532 corner stripping; 10534 regular chisel; 10535 narrow, double-sided chisel; 10536 rounded-tip seam ripper
Details: Product Description The Slice 10548 Craft Knife combines ergonomic design with a blade that’s finger-friendly and safe to the touch. The proprietary angle on our advanced ceramic blade edge cuts through craft materials easily, reduces injuries significantly, and lasts up to 11 times longer than a steel craft blade. From the Manufacturer Slice craft blades have a unique finger-friendly edge. While Slice safety ceramics appear dull, they have a special safety grind that cuts effectively while being safer to the touch than standard oversharpened blades. Slice Safety Ceramics Go Above and Beyond Slice finger-friendly blades are non-sparking, non-conductive, non-magnetic, chemically inert, and never rust. They don’t require a sharps disposal box or any kind of maintenance and they are recyclable where facilities exist. The blades are autoclave friendly and safe up to 1600 degrees Celsius. Perfect for Paper Crafts The Slice Craft Knife cuts through paper and cardstocks like butter. Its lightly weighted and balanced handle gives you superior control to create curved cuts and straight lines, making your intricate designs come alive. Easily Cuts Foam Core Board Create clean lines with no snags. The Craft Knife’s strong blade (much stronger than any metal craft blade) glides through foam core board to save you time and money. Cutting a lot of foam core board? The Slice blades hold their edge up to 11 times longer than steel. Controlled Cuts Through Vinyl Matting The Craft Knife gives you the control to cut custom shapes in various flexible materials, such as vinyl matting. It’s the perfect tool for the DIY workshop, craft room, or art studio. Compatible Slice Blades Use your Craft Knife for all your cutting and chiselling needs. Take advantage of the wide variety of optional compatible Slice blades. About the Startup Describe your product in 3 words. The Slice Craft Knife is, above all, safe, innovative, and high quality. How did you come up with the idea for this product? Slice’s mission is to create safe, innovative, high-quality, and intuitive versions of common cutting tools. Injuries from craft blades are a huge problem—ask any architecture student, professional artist, or hobbyist. We wanted to offer a way for DIYers and professionals alike to work safely. What makes your product special? Slice’s safety is in the blade. Most safer knives redesign the handles to reduce blade exposure, but we went back to basics and redesigned the blade itself. Our finger-friendly blade is unique in that it’s safe to the touch but it cuts through craft materials like butter. We designed the handle for easy and comfortable use, so it’s lightly weighted and balanced, with a no-roll feature to your tool close by between cuts. What has been the best part of your startup experience? We discovered early on that safety managers in the Fortune 1000 love our tools to reduce injuries and lower costs. Many are banning dangerous blades in favor of Slice, and it’s great to know that we’re helping workers go home safe at the end of the day.
Package Dimensions: 8.7 x 3.3 x 0.6 inches