- PENCILS WITH HERITAGE – First created in the 1930’s, Blackwing built a cult following that included John Steinbeck and Chuck Jones, who proudly used Blackwings to create Bugs Bunny and many other Looney Tunes characters. Discontinued in the 90’s, devotees paid as much as $40 a pencil. In 2010, we revived the Blackwing brand for a new generation of writers, musicians, and others seeking a more natural existence.
- PERFECT FOR WRITERS AND EVERYDAY USE – With our firm and smooth Japanese graphite core, Blackwing 602 pencils are perfect for writers, musicians, and everyday users. Use when you want a steady, clear line without excessive sharpening.
- UNIQUE ICONIC DESIGN – Blackwing’s unique and iconic rectangular erasers are synonymous with quality. Each of our pencils features a specially designed ferrule, allowing you to extend or replace the eraser.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY – Blackwing 602 pencils are made with the finest materials in the world, including Genuine Incense-cedar from California and premium Japanese graphite.
- HOW WE GIVE BACK – A portion of the sales from all Blackwing products benefit the Blackwing Foundation, which funds and develops arts and music education at the K-12 level. Your purchase helps provide, among other things, the instruction, learning environment and instruments children need to participate in the Little Kids’ Rock Modern Band Program.
Binding: Office Product
Details: Praised in the New Yorker, The Boston Globe, and Boing Boing among others, the Palomino Blackwing 602 features a firm and smooth graphite core that helps it deliver on its promise of "Half the Pressure, Twice the Speed." Blackwing 602 pencils feature a gunmetal grey finish and iconic square Blackwing ferrule with a black eraser. Blackwing 602 pencils come in packs of 12. Blackwing pencils were first introduced by the Eberhard Faber Pencil Company in the 1930's. Their cult following included John Steinbeck and Chuck Jones, who proudly used Blackwings to create Bugs Bunny and many other Looney Tunes characters. Over the years, the pencil with the unique rectangular eraser became synonymous with quality. However, due to cost cuts, they were discontinued in the 1990's. That didn't stop devotees from paying as much as $40 per pencil for unused stock. In 2010, we drew from nearly a century of experience to access the best materials in the world and bring Blackwing back for a new generation of writers, musicians, and others seeking a more natural existence.
Package Dimensions: 8.2 x 1.8 x 1.7 inches