Brand: Counter Culture DIY
- INCLUDES: Counter Culture DIY 8 oz Kit Fast Set Ultra Clear Epoxy Resin. The kit includes 2 4 oz Containers (Part A and Part B) to mix and create 8 oz of Fast Set Ultra Clear Epoxy. This epoxy resin will produce a clear, glass like in half the time!
- ULTRA CLEAR, FAST SET: Ultra Clear is great for first and second layers of your artwork. You can add another layer after 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Ultra Clear’s low smell and clear formula make this pleasant to work with. Although Ultra Clear has no color, it is a fast curing resin. Which means even though it contains maximum UV inhibitors, it can amber faster than normal curing resins in comparable conditions. It is not recommended for use on light colored bases.
- EASY TO USE: A simple 1:1 Mix. As this thick resin cures you art will hold its style and shape while curing to a rock hard finish leaving you with more effect and depth. This resin is perfect for other projects like a epoxy countertop and bar tops. All areas must be dry and dust free. Remove all silicone or oil residues before resin application. It’s recommended to use our Quick Coat on surfaces that might resist resin.
- HIGH QUALITY: Our Resin is UV Resistant, stabilized to help prevent yellowing. Scratch resistant and heat resistant up to 500 degrees. Safe - 100% solids resin, VOC free, no fumes. Made specifically for artists and professionals, don’t settle for less!
- THE PERFECT GIFT: For yourself, or that special maker, DIY'er, craftsman or woman in your life. We offer professional paints, cosmetic-grade color pigments, artist resin, unfinished wood circle cutouts, and acrylic pouring primer, all designed to work beautifully together!
Binding: Office Product
Details: What temperature does Fast Set work best in? Fast Set works best in temperatures between 70-75 degrees F. What is the working time of Fast Set? After mixing you’ll have somewhere between 5-10 minutes before the epoxy becomes unworkable. You can get the most worktime by observing these tips:Don’t warm Fast Set before or during mixingMix in a wide container with as much surface area as possibleDon’t mix too longMix slower. Friction causes heatDon’t let it sit…mix it and apply it How long is the cure time? Fast Set will cure to the touch in 1-1/2 to 2 hours and fully cure in 24 hours. If shipping, it is recommended to wait at least 72 hours. Fast Set is FDA compliant and VOC free, it is made for pours less than 1/4? thick. How does it react to the heat? Fast Set is heat resistant up to 500° F. You should not expose Fast Set to prolonged heat sources, this could amber the resin. For example: hanging a piece directly over a fireplace where it is exposed to long periods of high heat. How can I get rid of bubbles? Torch the resin with the recommended torch. Can I use a hairdryer or heat gun to pop bubbles in poured resin? A hairdryer or heat gun may not produce sufficient heat to pop bubbles in this resin. We recommend using an automatic lighting torch attachment with a propane canister. Even a small artist torch may not provide enough heat to pop bubbles. My resin got really hot and clumpy. Resin cures by heat- when you mix up resin you should pour it immediately onto your work. If you leave a mass of mixed resin in a container, it will build up heat rapidly and it also dramatically reduces working time. Is Fast Set FDA compliant? Yes, all of our resins are FDA compliant (FDA 21 CFR 175.300).
Package Dimensions: 4.6 x 3.2 x 1.6 inches